Full 10-Hour Northbound 405 Freeway Closures At Santa Monica Boulevard Tonight
Posted May. 17, 2013, 1:16 pm
Mitch James / Mirror Contributor
Santa Monica commuters prepare -- the I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project contractor will conduct two full 10-hour northbound I-405 freeway closures from the Santa Monica Boulevard off-ramp to the Santa Monica Boulevard on-ramp in West Los Angeles tonight, May 17, and Saturday, May 18 from 11 pm to 9 am each day.
As these closures are twice as long as the normal five-hour night-time freeway closures, motorists are advised to plan ahead, avoid the area or take alternate routes to avoid traffic congestion.
The contractor will continue to repair the approach slab at the connection between the I-405 freeway and the Santa Monica off-ramp.
Similar work was completed last weekend on May 10.
· Northbound Santa Monica Boulevard off and on-ramps will remain open.
· Detour: Exit at the Santa Monica Boulevard off-ramp, go straight through traffic light and enter the Santa Monica Boulevard on-ramp.
· Traffic control officers will be deployed.
· CHP will be monitoring the area surrounding the closure.
The following ramps will be closed during the 10-hour closures:
· Northbound Olympic Boulevard on-ramp
· I-10 west connector to northbound I-405
· I-10 east connector to northbound I-405
What to expect:
· Construction schedule is subject to change based on daily progress and field conditions.
· Notification of ramp closures will be provided on a daily basis through the PM Closure e-mail notices. For more information, visit www.metro.net/405.