Lincoln/Colorado To Close For Expo Line Project In Santa Monica For One Week
Posted Apr. 10, 2014, 8:35 am
With bridge and station construction well underway, the next major milestone for the Expo Phase 2 project is track installation. More than 15 miles of track will be installed along the alignment between Culver City and Santa Monica.
Nearly two miles of track have already been installed, including at Westwood Boulevard and Overland Avenue in the City of Los Angeles, as well as 17th Street, 11th Street, and 5th Street in the City of Santa Monica.
Lincoln Boulevard marks the sixth at-grade crossing slated for rail installation.
Installation will take between Monday, April 21, 2014 at 3 am through Monday, April 28, 2014 at 6 am at the intersection of Lincoln Boulevard at Colorado Avenue in Santa Monica.
Street closures with 24-hour work shifts:
· Northbound Lincoln Boulevard will be temporarily closed at Colorado Avenue, and traffic will be detoured at Olympic Boulevard.
· Southbound Lincoln Boulevard will be temporarily closed at Colorado Avenue, and traffic will be detoured at Santa Monica Boulevard.
· Turns onto Colorado Avenue will be prohibited.
· Motorists are advised to take 11th Street as an alternate.
· Colorado Avenue will be temporarily closed to through traffic between 7th Street and 9th Street, but will remain open for local access. Turns from Colorado Avenue onto Lincoln Boulevard will be prohibited.
· Eastbound Colorado Avenue will be detoured at 7th Street and westbound Colorado Avenue will be detoured at 11th Street.
· Motorists are advised to use Santa Monica Boulevard as an alternate.
· The Lincoln Boulevard exit from the I-10 freeway will remain open.
· Motorists are encouraged to use the Cloverfield Boulevard exit as an alternate route.
· Local and pedestrian access around the closure areas will be maintained at all times. Electronic message boards, directional signage, and flaggers will be used to direct vehicles and pedestrians around the construction zone.