Santa Monica Teens Encouraged To Earn Volunteer Credit Snapping Photos
Posted Apr. 10, 2014, 8:54 am
Santa Monica Public Library (SMPL) welcomes area teens interested in receiving up to two hours of volunteer credit between now through April 30, 2014 in exchange for your photographs of Santa Monica.
SMPL wants to see Santa Monica through the eyes of teens, so take photos that have something meaningful.
On top of the volunteer credit, any photo submitted may be added and featured in Santa Monica Public Library’s new local history website SHARE Santa Monica.
- Open to students in Grades 8 to 12.
- Photos must be taken in Santa Monica between April 7-18.
- No photos of people.
- Submission deadline: Wednesday, April 30, 2014
- Submit photos via email ONLY. (No physical photos accepted)
Attach images to an email and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include the following information:
* First and Last name (for volunteer credit only; names will not be published)
* Date picture was taken and location* A short narrative/description about each picture.
Volunteer credit will be signed off at the Main Library by visiting the second floor Reference Desk anytime between now and May 31.
Teens will earn 15 minutes of Library volunteer credit for each photo submitted. There is a limit of eight images per teen (two hours total volunteer credit).
Questions? Call 310.434.2608 or email email@example.com.