Email List

To join our e-mail list, please enter your e-mail address. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Shows

Sections

Classifieds

Directories

Contact

A rendering of the Village Trailer Park development planned for 2930 Colorado Avenue in Santa Monica.
Rendering Courtesy Of The City Of Santa Monica
A rendering of the Village Trailer Park development planned for 2930 Colorado Avenue in Santa Monica.

News, Development, Santa Monica

Village Trailer Park Removal Permit Vote Now Set For September 13

Posted Aug. 4, 2012, 5:54 am

Mirror Staff

The Santa Monica Rent Control Board will vote next month on whether or not to approve developer Marc Luzzatto’s request for a removal permit for his Village Trailer Park development at 2930 Colorado Avenue.

The removal permit approval is a necessity before Luzzatto’s can demolish the remaining trailers for his mixed used development project.

The Rent Control Board vote was scheduled for Thursday night, but the item was tabled for Sept. 13 because an attorney representing several Village Trailer Park residents was unable to attend the meeting.

The Santa Monica City Council will resume its deliberations on the project on Aug. 28 following its meeting last month (July 28) where about 70 residents spoke during the public comment period.

If approved, the handful of mobile home residences will be replaced with 438 residential units, 20,860 square feet of retail space, and up to 5,085 square feet of ground floor creative space. Factoring in all of the elements of the proposed project, the total development would be 378,460 square feet in size.

Post a comment

Comments

Aug. 7, 2012, 1:09:40 am

Ray Ebert said...

We have enough traffic problems in "Santa Monica we certainly don't need more. I'm against the project.

Aug. 13, 2012, 11:30:13 am

Brenda Barnes said...

The City Council hearing has been postponed at Luzzatto's request. In the meantime, you might want to check facts before you publish them. The "handful of mobile home residences" was registered as 109 under rent control. The remaining residences now at the Park total 60. Luzzatto destroyed or moved the others unlawfully without a removal permit. I don't known anyone with 60 or 109 fingers, do you?

Aug. 14, 2012, 10:28:52 am

Merlee Konecki said...

I am against this large of a project and also forcing out some of out most vulnerable people. What happened to your compassion for the poor and elderly? Only when it's to the cities advantage tax wise do you change the parameters. And not to mention the traffic this large of project will cause. Too big. Merlee Konecki

Aug. 15, 2012, 12:34:45 pm

george drysdale said...

Rent control on mobile home parks in California has developed into one the greatest land swindles in American history. Read on the internet THE END OF RENT CONTROL BEGINS. . . NYC rent control will be replaced by this study. Rent control throughout California is costing the state billions of dollars a year in damages. Geroge Drysdale, an economics teacher

SM Mirror TV