Despite continuing success and proven merit, the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) apparently flies under the radar of many Californians. The 40-year-old program of the Federal Emergency Management Agency is the only source of flood insurance for millions of homes.
It is time to recognize flood insurance for the great bargain it offers. So without further ado, we give you …
The Top 10 Reasons To Buy Flood Insurance Now:
10. Flood insurance compensates you for your flood-related losses even though your regular homeowner’s policy will leave you up the creek without a paddle after a flood.
9. Coverage is a sweet deal in California, with an average premium of only $628 for a whole year.
8. You get reimbursed for flood damages without strapping on boxing gloves, because flood insurance is backed by the federal government.
7. You don’t need a presidential disaster declaration to collect your payout. Ka-ching!
6. You may be able to elevate, strengthen or move your house or business – this could improve your view.
5. You can buy a half million bucks worth of coverage for your business, including inventory.
4. Coverage includes all the stuff that you plug into the wall to make you and your home happy.
3. You can request a partial payment immediately after the flood, which will make your bank account happy.
2. Flood insurance is the easiest thing you can do to protect your home from flood loss.
And the number one reason is…
1. You’ll be FloodSmart! Buy flood insurance now because there’s a 30-day waiting period before coverage begins. Call 888-435-6637 or check out floodsmart.gov.