1) Union of South Africa Established
2) Boy Scouts of America founded by Wiliiam D. Boyce
3) First International Air Meet held at Dominguez Field in Los Angeles
4) Father’s Day is Founded
5) First junior high school opens in Berkeley, California.
6) President Taft begins tradition of throwing out the first baseball on opening day.
7) King George V ascends British Throne.
8) LAPD appoints 1st female officer, Alice Stebbins Wells
9) Explosion at LA Times Building kills 21
10) Revolution Breaks out in Mexico