March 4, 2024 Breaking News, Latest News, and Videos

Alert: Police Blotter:

Teamwork Fails

On Thursday, August 12, at 4:06 p.m., officers received a call requesting they proceed immediately to the 900 block of 23rd Street because people of a suspicious nature had been spotted. The demeanor and behavior of the suspicious people suggested to the callers that they had intentions – of a dastardly kind – that could well point to a crime that could involve a burglary, or the forced entry into a motor vehicle.

When the cops arrived in the area they located two suspects, in two areas, but working together. The first suspect was at 21st Street and Washington Avenue, and the second was at 21st Street and California Avenue. The officers realized that they were probably intent on committing a burglary of some kind. The cops moved in and arrested these guys thus preventing a crime on the streets of Santa Monica.

One suspect, a 37-year-old man, was arrested for burglary, conspiracy, and possession of burglary tools. His bail was $50,000. The other, a 40-year-old transient was arrested for the same, as well as having a warrant, and providing false information. His bail was $65,000.


On Thursday, August 12, at 12 p.m., officers planned a “sting” operation to catch some bicycle thieves. They placed a bicycle in the 600 block of Santa Monica Boulevard, and waited. It wasn’t long before a suspect walked somewhat furtively up to the bicycle, and removed some bolt cutters and cut the lock (a little hard to claim that he thought it was his bicycle after that, most may agree). The suspect then proceeded to mount that bicycle and ride away. The cops saddled-up and apprehended this thief and wheeled him off to jail. He was charged with grand theft, possession of burglary tools, interfering with police investigation, and probation violation. He was not eligible for bail.


On Saturday, August 14, officers responded to the 1600 block of 5th Street in response to an intoxicated person who, it was reported, was refusing to leave a bus. The cops located the bus, by which time the suspect, a 69-year-old transient had actually exited the bus and was standing in the street. The cops, upon closer inspection, decided that this guy was so drunk that he was unable to care for his own safety. Upon even closer inspection the cops also discovered that this guy was obliged to register as a sex offender, but had failed to do so. The suspect was charged with failing to register and public intoxication.

in Uncategorized
Related Posts