Flair Cleaners will commence its 11th Annual Holiday Clothing and Shoe Drive starting this Friday, Nov. 29 and continuing through Dec. 31.
Flair will collect gently used or new clothing and shoes at each of its Southern California locations.
Large donation boxes will be placed in the lobby of each of Flair Cleaners’ five locations in Santa Monica, Burbank, Redondo Beach, Studio City, and Valencia.
“We are proud to continue this important tradition,” said owner Gary Futterman. “Since we started the Holiday Clothing and Shoe Drive 11 years ago, our customers have really gotten into the spirit of giving, and each year more and more clothing is donated. Everyone is welcome to drop off items to share.”
The following tips will help donors make a difference simply by participating in Flair’s drive.
1. When going through your clothes and shoes, consider what might be better used by others in need.
2. Check to be sure pockets are empty.
3. Be certain clothing and shoes are gently used, in good condition, and still wearable; not ready to be discarded.
4. Items needed most include jeans and other denim items, shoes, and professional clothing.
5. Look for accessories as well as clothes and shoes, like gloves, purses, hats, scarves and belts.
The contributions will be delivered to the Helping Hands for the Blind, St. Vincent de Paul’s Thrift Store, and National Council of Jewish Women Thrift Shop. Flair associates will provide receipts for tax purposes.
Southern California donors can find their closest Flair location at www.FlairCleaners.com.