This Sunday, Nov. 22, 2015 from 12 pm to 4 pm, Climate Action Santa Monica (CASM) is hosting its 5th public forum at The Church in Ocean Park, 235 Hill Street.
The event is to attend. Please RSVP at: www.CasmTransitForum.Eventbrite.com.
Focusing on Santa Monica’s transportation revolution, the forum will feature a keynote address by Rick Cole, Santa Monica’s new City Manager on “Grand Overview of How Expo Revolutionizes How We Move in the City.”
The program will include an interactive Transportation Festival between 12 pm and 1 pm featuring a parked Big Blue Bus, the new Breeze Bike Share bikes, and live music.
· Tom Jasmin and Stacy Yamato, Metro Rail Start up Manager and Metro Community Safety Director, on “Expo’s Safe and Far-Reaching System.”
· William Selby, Santa Monica College Geography and Earth Sciences Professor on “El Nino and Hot Climate News”
· Cynthia Rose, Chair of Santa Monica SPOKE on “Santa Monica’s New Breeze Bike Share System”
· Aimee Wyatt of Santa Monica’s Big Blue Bus system on “New BBB Routes and Expo Integration”
· Mayor McKeown & Councilmember Pam O’Connor will share important announcements about the upcoming Paris COP21 Climate Summit, which they will be attending.
· Denny Zane, Executive Director of Move LA, will be joining the program to discuss important future transit funding sources.
Attendees are urged to use public and active transportation whenever possible.
For more information, contact CASM at [email protected] or call 424.259.3194.
Visit their website at www.ClimateActionSantaMonica.org.
For more information about our community e-mail subscriber list, contact us by e-mail: [email protected] or, by telephone at (310) 458-8474.