Santa Monica Conservancy will present 10 Preservation Awards for exemplary projects restoring, renovating and revitalizing historic buildings on Saturday, recognizing the advocacy and stewardship that have made preservation successes in the community possible.
The awards presentation will be held on the campus of the historic St. Monica Church.
"Our annual review of the Conservancy’s goals and projects will focus on the very successful opening of the Preservation Resource Center at the rehabilitated Shotgun House, highlights of the past year’s education and advocacy programs, and, of course, a look to the future," the Conservancy said.
- Elections to the Conservancy’s Board of Directors will also be conducted in a brief business meeting.(Click here for information on the nominees.)
- President’s Award: Nina Fresco
- Preservation Award/Restoration and Renovation: Bob Lynn and Sara Abbott/LGO Hospitality for 1213-1215 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica
- Preservation Award/Restoration and Renovation: Philip Orosco/Pacshore Partners for the Associated Telephone Building at 1314 7th Street, Santa Monica
- Preservation Award/Renovation and Addition: Roy Burstin and Zenna Lim, Ralph Mechur Architects, for 339 20th Street, Santa Monica
- Preservation Award/Renovation and Addition: Glen Boldt and Dana Garcetti, Shimizu-Coggeshall Architects, at 859 25th Street, Santa Monica
- Advocacy Award: Historic San Vicente Coalition
- Advocacy Award: Founders of the Third Street Neighborhood Historic District
- StewardshipAward: Santa Monica Civic Association for the Rustic Canyon Eucalyptus Grove, also known as the Santa Monica Forestry Station
- Outstanding Service Award: Karen Ginsberg, Director of Community & Cultural Services, City of Santa Monica
- Outstanding Volunteer Service Award: Hilda Weiss, Preservation Resource Center Committee
The meeting will conclude with a brief talk by Libby Motika on the history of the church, now the centerpiece of a large campus featuring a school and meeting facilities. The beautifully restored church sanctuary and campus will be open for self-guided tours before and after the meeting.
The Annual Meeting is free. Reservations are requested by
Saturday, March 12, 3 – 5 pm At the Grand Pavilion in Saint Monica Catholic Church, 725 California Ave Santa Monica.