Social media effort to find missing French Bulldog ‘Melo’
By Sam Catanzaro
The owners of a missing French Bulldog say over a dozen people have told them they have seen the puppy throughout Santa Monica with a homeless man.
The missing dog’s name is Melo who went missing on September 26 when he was 10-months-old and around 30 pounds wearing a purprle harness,. According to a flyer circulating around social media offering a reward for the puppy, Melo has a unique white star patch on his chest.
A social media account called @BringMeloHome on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter has been set up to aid in locating Melo. According to a recent post, Melo has been seen with the same man, often near the Santa Monica Pier.
“I have 13+ witnesses who saw this ‘homeless’ guy with the black French Bulldog that’s likely Melo in Santa Monica. This guy has been seen near the pier 5 different times by 7 witnesses. Please share and help me locate this guy,” reads the post from owner Yuki.
The post goes onto describe the man as possibly named Jay or Jefferey, between. 5’8-5’10, “big/chubby”, tanned, Caucasian or possibly Hispanic, some facial hair, likely short hair or bald wearing a dirty black top, pants and a hat.
The following are locations Melo has been seen, according to the post.
- Santa Monica Boulevard and 6th Street (9/27-10/1) during the day
- Bike path south of the Pier between 6:30-7 am (the week of 9/27)
- Pico Boulevard and Centinela Avenue near the 10 Freeway entrance (10/2-10/5) during the day.
- Pico Boulevard around 29th Street towards Centinela Avenue (10/2-10-5) during the day
- Broadway Avenue and 6th Street (around 10/10 about 2 pm)
- Santa Monica Pier (10/12) He was seen twice this day by 3 witnesses. Between 12-5 pm and 7-8 pm.
- 17th Street and Delaware Avenue (10/19 8:35 pm)
- Chess Park near the pier (10/17 11:30 am)
- Santa Monica Pier (10/19 or 20 during the day)
- Palisades Park (10/25 6 pm)
The flyer asks people to call owner Yuki immediately with any sightings at (310) 804-2578.