There are fewer things that Los Angeles loves more than music, movies, and food. So when it’s summer and we’re guaranteed warm weather, there’s nothing that makes us happier than outdoor events.
Introducing the summer series Eat|See|Hear, we can now listen to a local band before watching an outdoor movie while noshing on food truck fare – every Saturday until September 15. Yes, folks: School is out and Summer is in.
Locations: Santa Monica, Westwood, Pasadena, Sherman Oaks, San Pedro, Hollywood, Long Beach, Downtown LA, and more. Check website for specific locations.
Time: Doors open at 5:30 p.m. Band plays at 7 p.m. Movie starts at 8:30 p.m.
Food: Via truck, the drooltastic likes of CoolHaus, NomNom, Border Grill, Ragin Cajun, Buttemilk, Vizzi. See website for confirmed attendees.
Movies: Classic love/comedy. Upcoming: “The Wedding Singer,” “Fast Times at Ridgemont High,” “The Goonies,” “The Big Lebowski,” and “Zoolander” to name a few.
• You don’t need to arrive at 5:30 p.m. unless you want to roam around or have friends to catch up with. If you want to catch the band, arriving at 6:30 p.m. would be fine since it’s first-come theatre/grass seating. Just the movie? Get there at 7:30 p.m. so you can grab some food before curtains go up.
• Yes, it’s summer, but that doesn’t necessarily make the nights hot or the ground soft. Bring a jacket and a blanket or pillow to sit on.
• Alcohol? Some venues allow it. Check the website and stay classy.
• Children? Yes, but most seem to be of the event staff/producers.
• Tickets? $10 per person. Order online or pay with cash at the door.
• Fashionably late? Only in LA, but yes, you can purchase passes that give you access to reserved seating (taped off space) so you can arrive at 8 p.m. and still grab a prime spot – for the cost of $20 per person.
The next Santa Monica event will feature “The Big Lebowski” at Memorial Greek Amphitheater at Santa Monica High School on June 23.
For more information, visit http://eatseehear.com.