May 19, 2026
Breaking News, Latest News, and Videos

Utilities Mostly Restored To Greater Los Angeles Area:

Latest LADWP news and updates.

Utilities serving the Greater Los Angeles area and southern Orange County said today they mostly have restored power to thousands of customers after high winds downed utility poles and power lines on Christmas.

Southern California Edison said that as of midnight it had restored power to all but 110 of the nearly 5,600 customers who had lost power in Irvine.

Edison was also repairing wind damage affecting more than 900 customers in Hawthorne, 137 in Santa Clarita, 38 in Culver City and 14 in Inglewood.

A traffic crash knocked down poles and wires at another Inglewood location, leaving 61 SCE customers without power.

At 8:30 a.m. Thursday, the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power estimated about 7,200 customers were without power. DWP tweeted Thursday evening that the outages had been reduced to 500.

Previous Article

Florida State, Oregon Football Teams Set To Arrive Saturday For Rose Bowl:

Next Article

Tree Falls Across Via Marina In Marina del Rey:

You might be interested in …

A rendering of LTD / Worthe’s proposal for Bergamot Station Arts Center at 2525 Michigan Avenue. It is one of three development teams vying for the rights to the development site.

Bergamot Station Arts Center Development Vote Delayed:

The beginning of February witnessed the Santa Monica City Council approving a large multi-use development to be built in the Bergamot Station area. As February comes to a close three weeks later, council members put […]

Parraga

Guilty Verdict on Theft Charges:

On October 20, 2016, Eduardo Parraga – 51 years old, was arraigned at the Los Angeles County Airport Courthouse on misdemeanor petty theft charges.    The Santa Monica City Attorney’s Office filed charges on Parraga, a […]