A Santa Monica judge today dissolved a protective order put in place against Charlie Sheen on behalf of his ex-fiancee, Scottine Ross, over allegations the actor threatened to have her killed.
The order was issued earlier this month when Ross went to Los Angeles police to report the alleged threat, but Sheen’s attorneys filed papers this week calling the move a publicity stunt by Ross, an adult-film actress who performs under the name Brett Rossi.
Ross was rebuffed by a judge today in her request for a temporary restraining order against Sheen. Another hearing is set for May 18.
Los Angeles police confirmed April 6 they were investigating a "threat" involving Sheen and had obtained a search warrant, but they would not provide further details.
The website RadarOnline.com reported that its senior editors in New York were served with a warrant by the LAPD, with the document referencing recent articles about an audio tape in which the former "Two and a Half Men" star allegedly states that Ross needs to be "buried" and says he would pay someone $20,000 to have her killed.
Ross sued Sheen in December, alleging he never told her he was HIV positive during their relationship. Sheen’s attorneys countered that Ross was aware of the actor’s HIV, but insisted on having unprotected sex with him anyway, noting that as a former porn star, Ross "has had hundreds, if not thousands, of sexual partners," and routinely exposed herself to potential sexually transmitted diseases.
The lawsuit is now in arbitration.