At the recent State of the City hosted by the Santa Monica Chamber of Commerce, Santa Monica Mayor Ted Winterer unveiled the City of Santa Monica’s Annual Report for fiscal year 2015-2016. The video complements the Annual Report website at annualreport.smgov.net.
“The interactive format of the annual report offers a clear snapshot of all we’ve accomplished in the last year,” said Mayor Ted Winterer. “I encourage everyone to explore the site to see the investments we’ve made, areas of success, and also where we need to improve. Reflecting on the past helps us gear up for the future.”
These resources are a quick and easily-digestible way for residents to understand the health of the City of Santa Monica, according to the City. Information includes top accomplishments from the past year with an update on the City’s five strategic goals: Mobility, Inclusive + Diverse Community, Airport, Homelessness, and Learn + Thrive. They also dive deep into the City’s financial health, infrastructure improvements, crime rates, youth programming, and much more.
• $16.9 million in sales through award-winning farmers market with 180 farm participants
• $745,326 in financial assistance for low-income youth to access before and after school child care
• 1,184,000 visitors at all five libraries
• 20 percent decrease in greenhouse gas emissions since 1990 and a 6 percent decrease since the year prior
• 93,000 square feet of sidewalk was repaired
• 17 miles of bikeways were added bringing the total to 105 miles