You know you want to know. You know you care. We won’t tell anybody. If someone asks, “Hey what are you reading?” go ahead and tell them you’re reading about the City Council or the latest in local sports. You’re our reader and we love you. We promise, your secret is safe with us.
Bell bottoms may come and go, but Mr. Blackwell is here to stay. So it’s with a giggle and a wink that the Mirror presents Mr. Blackwell’s 47th Annual Worst-Dressed Women List for 2006, followed by the best-dressed women of the year.
10. Meryl Streep: From Streep you could weep! Her Beauty-of-a-Career cannot be denied – but that Beast-of-a-Wardrobe is pure Mother of the Bride.
9. Sandra Oh: Oh, Sandra! Drowning in beads, bangles and prehistoric bows, she’s layered lunacy – from toes to nose!
8. Tori Spelling: All chills and no thrills – guess Tori’s “Down and Out in Beverly Hills!” She’s definitely under fashion duress – positive proof that More is really Less!
7. Sharon Stone: It’s clear Sharon’s misplaced her fashion gift – she looks like an over-the-hill Cruella De Ville – after a seismic shift!
6. Paula Abdul: Wrapped in floral fiascos that grow moldier by the hour…she’s a lumpy stem…on a bumpy flower. A fallen fashion “Idol”!
5. Mariah Carey: Mariah “The Fashion Pariah” has finally found her stylistic niche…let’s crown her the Queen of Catastrophic Kitsch!
4. Christina Aguilera: La Diva Christina is a dazzling singer…but she puts good taste through the wardrobe wringer! – all crass, no class!
3. Lindsay Lohan: Tragically trapped in fashion’s fast lane…looks like Lindsay’s ready to remake “Baby Jane.” From adorable to deplorable.
2. Camilla Parker-Bowles: The Duchess of Dowdy Strikes Again! In feathered hats that were once the rage…she resembles a petrified parakeet – from the Jurassic Age…A royal wreck!
1. Britney Spears/Paris Hilton: Two peas in an over-exposed pod! Style-free and fashion deprived…ladies and gentlemen, the “SCREAMGIRLS” have arrived!
Fabulous Fashion Independents for 2006:
Kate Winslet, Angelina Jolie, Helen Mirren, Barbra Streisand, Beyonce, Nancy Pelosi, Princess Charlotte of Monaco, Heidi Klum, Katie Holmes and Marcia Cross.