Twin brothers aged 28 from Los Angeles have been charged with attempted murder after they attacked a group with a knife, stabbing one man in the neck, who were walking to a Santa Monica bar in the early morning hours of July 4.
SMPD Sgt. Richard Lewis said officers were in the 3000 block of Santa Monica Boulevard at about 12:09 am when they were flagged down by several people who told them a man had been stabbed during a fight.
“As officers began interviewing the victims, they learned that all four victims and one witness were walking northbound on Santa Monica Boulevard towards (a bar),” Lewis said. “As they passed two males and two females standing next to a silver vehicle, one of the females asked for a cigarette.”
Lewis said one of the victims agreed and handed the female a cigarette.
“Before walking away, one of the males (suspect #2) asked the group where they were from,” Lewis said. “One victim said they live in another city in the San Fernando Valley. Suspect #2 then suddenly and without provocation, punched the victim in the face. Suspect #1 then pulled out a 4-6” knife and challenged the group as suspect #2 proceeded to punch another victim in the face. As all the victims ran away, both male suspects pursued victim #1 across Santa Monica Boulevard to the north curb, at which time suspect #1 slashed the victim’s neck. The victim turned towards the suspect to defend himself and suffered a second slash to his neck, before pushing the suspect away.”
Lewis said the suspects then fled the scene as the two females tried getting into the silver vehicle.
Lewis said victim #4 blocked the vehicle and told them to wait for police.
“The two females then attacked the male victim and struck him with an unknown type of chain,” Lewis said. “Both were detained as officers arrived.”
As officers broadcasted the descriptions of the two male suspects on their radio, additional officers responded to the scene, detaining them in the alley behind 3000 Santa Monica Boulevard.
Lewis said one of the suspects’ had blood on his hand and the two were determined to be twin brothers.
The stabbing victim was transported to a local trauma center in serious but stable condition and will fully recover, Lewis said.
The two twins charged with attempted murder and conspiracy to commit a crime have been identified as Anthony (suspect #1) and Conrad (suspect #2) Sowash, both white males of Los Angeles. Bail was set at $1 million each.
Suspect three has been identified as Cynthia Gallardo, a 20-year-old Hispanic from Los Angeles. Suspect four has been identified as Jazmine Fattough, a 22-year-old Hispanic from Culver City. These two female suspects were charged with assault and battery; bail was set at $20,000 each.