Santa ushered in the holiday season on Thursday, Nov. 20 at Santa Monica Place’s Tree Lighting Ceremony.
Partnered with Downtown Santa Monica, Inc., Santa Monica Place created a magical evening with holiday festivities starting with a parade down Third Street Promenade at Wilshire Blvd. at 6 pm.
Riding in a classic red 1968 Mercury Monterey, Santa led a procession of elves, the Santa Monica High School Marching band, Mayor Pro Tempore Terry O’Day, and hundreds of pedestrians before parking his ride at Santa Monica Place for a holiday concert at 7 pm.
Musical entertainment for the evening featured emcee Leo Quinones, hip-hop violinist Josh Vietti and the Magnolia Memoir band.
In addition to the Tree Lighting and Santa Parade, Winterlit will feature fun-filled holiday activities and snow drifting down each Thursday at 6 p.m. on Wilshire Blvd & Third Street Promenade.
The full Winterlit schedule:
- Nov. 21 – Photos With Santa Claus | 11 am – 8 pm – Santa Monica Place, Center Court
- Nov. 27 – Let It Snow, Thanksgiving Day | 6 pm – Third Street Promenade at Wilshire Blvd.
- Dec. 1, 8, 15 – “Paws & Claus” Pet Photos with Santa Claus | 5 pm – 8 pm – Santa Monica Place
- Dec. 3 – Story Time With Mrs. Claus | 11 am – Santa Monica Place, SAMO’s Kids Club
- Dec. 4 – Christmas Karaoke & Kids Crafts | 6 pm – Third Street Promenade at Wilshire Blvd.
- Dec. 6 – Breakfast with Santa | 9:00AM – Santa Monica Place
- Dec. 11 – Holiday Story Time & Letters to Santa | 6 pm – Barnes & Noble, Third Street Promenade at Wilshire Blvd.
- Dec. 16 – Dec. 23 – Menorah Lightings | Sundown – Third Street Promenade, Between Arizona Ave. & Santa Monica Blvd.
- Dec. 18 – Outdoor Screening of Elf with Hot Chocolate | 6 pm – Third Street Promenade at Wilshire Blvd.
- Nov. 6 – Dec. 12 – PAL Best Gift Ever Toy Drive | Toy drop locations: Santa Monica PAL, 1401 Olympic Blvd. | ICE at Santa Monica, Corner of 5th St. & Arizona Ave. | Public Safety Facility, 333 Olympic Dr.
Guests are encouraged to post Santa photos on their social media pages using #santamonicaplace.
For more Winterlit event information, visit Winterlit.com or call 310.393.8355.