Interactive Music and Dance Presentations Along With Hands-on Craft Workshops Are Included
Community Arts Resources presents Endless Summer C.A.M.P. at Tongva Park. The free, month-long celebration unites community, arts, and culture, inviting attendees to gather at Tongva Park’s Gathering Hill for a sequence of four Saturday afternoons from Aug. 19 to Sept. 9, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Endless Summer C.A.M.P. includes interactive music and dance presentations spotlighting Brazil, Cuba, Latin America, and Hawaii. Notable among the performers is six-time GRAMMY Award-winning musician Daniel Ho. Young talents will take the stage, showing musical skills in orchestral and chamber music, Balkan music, Hawaiian dance, and Ballet Folklorico. Hands-on craft workshops inspired by the park and global traditions will offer participants a creative outlet. The Ice Guys LA will be on-site, providing ice cream treats for purchase.
Performances and workshops span the following:
- A unique showcase of animals from around the world by Conservation Ambassadors,
- The Elemental Music Chamber Music Institute string quartet and an instrument petting zoo,
- A Succulent Terrarium Workshop with artist Eros Cortes on August 19,
- An Afro-Cuban and Latin dance community gathering with CONTRA-TIEMPO,
- A Hawaiian dance performance presented by Santa Monica’s Cabeza de Vaca Cultura,
- A Sensational Sashes Workshop led by artist Marcus Kuiland-Nazario on August 26,
- A performance and Hawaiian dance workshop by Hālau Hula Keali’i O’Nālani,
- A special performance by six-time GRAMMY® Award-winning ‘ukulele virtuoso Daniel Ho,
- An offering from Academia de Danza, Ballet Folklorico Flor de Mayo’s youth Ballet Folklorico,
- A Fish Marionette Making Workshop guided by Ellen Schulze on September 2,
- An Afro-Brazilian dance and drumming workshop with Viver Brasil,
- Santa Monica Youth Orchestra Balkan Ensemble’s presentation,
- A Drum making workshop led by reDiscover on September 9.
For a comprehensive listing of performers and activities, interested individuals are invited to visit santamonica.gov.