(NAPS)—The easiest and least expensive way to plan a one-of-a-kind wedding may be to include do-it-yourself projects into the plans. This could save money and help you create a unique theme to carry throughout every aspect of the big day—from invitations to place cards to bridesmaid gifts.
Here are a few tips for creating a customized wedding:
1. The first step is to decide on a visual scene for the wedding that will coordinate all the various elements. Choose an overall theme and then decide on a design element that can be repeated throughout, whether it’s a floral pattern or the couple’s initials.
2. It’s also important to choose a subtle color scheme, such as pale pink and off-white or classic black and white, and stick to that.
3. Use your color scheme to coordinate your flower arrangements, bridesmaid dresses and table settings. Keeping it simple and subtle can emphasize the personal details you can easily incorporate using a sewing and embroidery machine that can add the design element you choose to everything from the wedding announcement to the table settings.
Today’s high-tech machines let you stitch and personalize such items as:
• ring bearer pillows
• table settings, including
monogrammed napkins and
• personalized seat covers for the
bride and groom
• an embroidered veil
• embroidered handkerchiefs
personalized for each bridesmaid
• gifts for the bridal party such as
tote bags, makeup bags or bridal
• save-the-date cards, invitations and
Personalization is less trouble then many imagine with the right tools, such as an easy-to-use computerized sewing and embroidery machine. Customized design and embellishment is simple with the Limited Edition Project Runway LB6770 PRW from Brother International Corporation. The machine has five monogramming fonts, 70 built-in designs and 120 frame patterns for nearly endless personalized wedding theme possibilities.
4. Some brides find it helpful to fill a book or bulletin board with color swatches and pictures to see how different colors and designs work together.
To learn more about the computerized sewing and embroidery machines that make great engagement or wedding gifts, visit www.brother.com.
A charming wedding table setting can be easier to create than many brides realize.