All lanes of the northbound Santa Monica Freeway or I-405 will be closed to work on the Sepulveda Pass Widening Project.
The dates for closure are Saturday, January 30 and then again nightly from Tuesday, February 2 through Friday, February 5 as follows:
* Saturday, January 30 1 a.m. to 6 a.m., Santa Monica Boulevard to Wilshire Boulevard;
* Saturday, January 30 midnight to 6 a.m., westbound Santa Monica Freeway (I-10) connector to northbound I-405;
* Tuesday, February 2 through Friday, February 5, midnight to 5 a.m., Wilshire Boulevard to Moraga Drive.
The following ramp closures are scheduled for Friday, January 29:
* 7 p.m. to 8 a.m., northbound I-405 Montana Avenue off-ramp;
* 7 p.m. to 7 a.m., northbound I-405 Sunset Boulevard off-ramp;
* 8 p.m. to 9 a.m., northbound I-405 Sunset Boulevard on-ramp.
* 8 p.m. to 8 a.m., northbound I-405 eastbound Wilshire Boulevard off-ramp;
* 9 p.m. to 11 a.m., northbound I-405 westbound Wilshire Boulevard off-ramp;
* 10 p.m. to 9 a.m., northbound I-405 Olympic Boulevard on-ramp;
* 8 p.m. to noon, northbound I-405 Santa Monica Boulevard on-ramp.
The I-405 Sepulveda Pass Widening Project, a joint effort between Metro and Caltrans, will complete the last remaining 10-mile gap in the northbound I-405 carpool lane system. Scheduled for completion in 2013, the project will significantly improve traffic flow for northbound I-405 commuters, providing a continuous carpool lane from Orange County to the San Fernando Valley.
For additional information and ongoing construction updates, visit www.metro.net/I-405