Applications are being accepted for one unscheduled commissioner position on the Commission on the Status of Women (COSW).
Established in 1981, the COSW acts in an advisory role to the City Council and City Management on matters pertaining to women and girls in Santa Monica.
The commission meets on the third Wednesday of every month at Ken Edwards Center, 1527 4th Street in Santa Monica at 7 p.m.
With a total of nine members, the COSW is actively implementing its 2010-2015 Strategic Plan outlining the following key priority areas for women and girls in Santa Monica:
· Continuing to gather and understand data about girls and women in Santa Monica
· Creating awareness of domestic violence and safety issues;
· Supporting mentoring and leadership opportunities;
· Fostering career, political and volunteer opportunities; and
· Identifying and publicizing resources in Santa Monica.
Candidates must be a resident of the City of Santa Monica and committed to attending meetings, held every second Wednesday at 7 p.m., and participate in additional projects, as necessary to achieve its Strategic Plan.
Application forms and information are available at Santa Monica City Hall, 1685 Main Street, Santa Monica, Information Booth (lobby) or in the City Clerk’s Office, Room 102.
Applicants may request an application by mail by calling 310.458.8211, or you may apply through the City’s website at www.smgov.net/cityclerk.
Applications are also accepted on an ongoing basis for future vacancies. Only the candidates appointed will be notified.