Downtown Santa Monica, Inc. will deliver its Annual Report to Santa Monica’s city leaders on Thursday, reflecting on 12 months that worked towards economic improvements and achievements, forward movement on ambitious plans, and a comprehensive 25th Anniversary Celebration for the locally created and globally celebrated Third Street Promenade.
The presentation will be delivered by DTSM, Inc. CEO Kathleen Rawson and the Board of Directors at the Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows from 8:30 am to 10 am, and will focus on critical and exciting initiatives, including:
• Completion of the new Parking Structure 6 (400 additional spaces)
• Near completion of the Exposition Light Rail Line
• Approved creation of (2) moderately priced hotels
• Construction on the District’s first movie theatre in decades
• Celebration of Third Street Promenade’s 25th Anniversary
The report will also detail future plans:
• Esplanade Project (transforming Colorado Ave. into a pedestrian-friendly DTSM gateway)
• Rebuild of the aging California Incline
• Addition of housing and commercial space to create a more diverse and vibrant downtown
• Infrastructure renewal plans to better activate the north end of Third Street Promenade
• Exploration of incorporation of Lincoln Blvd. north of I-10 into the District
In-step with its grander goals and projects, DTSM, Inc. has remained passionate about the day-to-day operations of keeping the streets clean and presentable, as well as coordinating lively activities to keep the city culturally and artistically relevant.
“We know how fortunate we are to have such a magical place that is more than just a collection of restaurants and retail, more than just concrete, steel and bricks,” says Rawson, “We welcome the opportunity to engage our community partners and forge ahead with solid plans for progress and prosperity for all of Santa Monica. After all, it is Everyone’s Downtown.”