This October, Santa Monica celebrates Italian culture with Ciao Italia Santa Monica, the first-ever, citywide festival in honor of Italian Heritage Month.
Exciting cultural events filled with food, fashion, film, music, and wine will take place across the city throughout October, and also raise funds for a variety of important nonprofit organizations in Southern California.
Three headliner events are:
· Black-tie Ambassador’s Ball at Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel benefiting Mattel Children’s Hospital UCLA and honoring Macerich Chairman and CEO Art Coppola (with honorary chairs including Mario Andretti, Angelica Huston, Frankie Valli and more) on Saturday, Oct. 3
· 100th Birthday Tribute to Frank Sinatra at The Broad Stage benefiting the Barbara Sinatra Center for Abused Children and starring Tom Dreeson (chaired by Hollywood icon Frank Mancuso and his wife, Fay) on Saturday, Oct. 17
· Fashion Show at Santa Monica Place celebrating Italian designers benefiting the Santa Monica – Malibu Education Foundation and featuring local civic leader models (Kathleen Rawson, President of Downtown Santa Monica; Jacqueline Seabrooks, Santa Monica Chief of Police; Julia B. Ladd, AVP, Santa Monica Place and past Board Chair, Santa Monica Chamber of Commerce) on Sunday, Oct. 18
To purchase tickets and find complete information on all events for Ciao Italia Santa Monica, visit www.ciaosantamonica.com.
“Ciao Italia Santa Monica not only celebrates a rich cultural heritage and community, but also provides an opportunity to raise funds for a variety of charities enhancing the quality of life in Southern California,” said John Salamone, project organizer with Salamone Associates. “We look forward to these exciting events drawing visitors for one-of-a-kind cultural experiences, while supporting local businesses.”
In addition to the three headliner events, the full slate of Ciao Italia Santa Monica cultural events includes:
· Italian Heritage Month Kick-Off Celebration at Los Angeles City Hall on Tuesday, Oct. 6
· Club Bambini – SaMo’s Kids Club at Santa Monica Place where kids will learn to dance the traditional “tarantella” and play “piovra” on Wednesday, Oct. 7
· Ciao Cinema – outdoor film screening of “Moonstruck” on Level 3 of Santa Monica Place overlooking the Pacific on Friday, Oct. 9
· Italian American Museum Los Angeles “Taste of Italy” at Olvera Street on Saturday, Oct. 10
· Los Angeles City Councilman Joe Buscaino Pasta Dinner at San Pedro on Sunday, Oct. 11
· Dinner honoring L.A. Councilman Joe Buscaino at Locanda del Lago on Tuesday, Oct. 20
Ciao Italia Santa Monica is presented by John Salamone, former executive director and founder of the Washington, D.C.-based National Italian American Foundation.