Santa Monica City recently released a 13-page booklet “toolkit” about homelessness for residents, businesses, and workers in Santa Monica.
According to the City, the kit includes:
- Background on homelessness and its emergence as a regional crisis.
- Information about how to contact the experts, including trained staff that knows what to do and how to call for assistance in different circumstances.
- A recap of how the City of Santa Monica, LA County and State of California partners are working on this issue.
- Tips on knowing what to say, how to make a difference and advocate for change.
- Ways to get involved, including a full list of service providers working in the area.
“Information can open the door to have meaningful engagement with our community,” said Santa Monica City Chief Communications Officer Debbie Lee. “Homelessness is an important issue in our city and across the county. This toolkit provides our locals the latest on the City of Santa Monica’s efforts and how our community can come together to make a difference.”
The City said that they will distribute a toolkit to every Santa Monica address in the June edition of Seascape. Additional copies will continue to be distributed through the networks of our local businesses, school districts, nonprofits and other community organizations. A digital version of the toolkit can be downloaded at weare.santamonica.gov.