Santa Monica developer Marc Luzzatto pulled his application for a permit to remove 109 mobile homes off the Rent Control Board agenda Thursday night.
The move comes after the Santa Monica Planning Commission recommended the project move forward to City Council for deliberation on July 24, but with a raft of recommendations mainly about the project’s size and tenant relocation plan.
“The Planning Commission recommended that the City Council require a broader range of unit types and additional affordable units in the project,” Luzzatto wrote to the Rent Control Board.
“The resulting replacement project will, based on the Planning Commission’s recommendations, likely contain fewer units but a broader range of unit types with a greater mix of affordable units.
“We will submit a revised application to you very shortly.”
Luzzatto’s project had called for 146 apartment units and 339 residential condominiums to the Village Trailer Park site, which is located at 2930 Colorado Avenue.
Also included in the proposed DA is 8,650 square feet of ground floor creative office space and 17,780 square feet of ground floor retail.
It is law that any Santa Monica landlord who wants to remove a rent-controlled unit from the market is required to obtain a permit to do so from the Rent Control Board.
Earlier this month, Luzzatto told The Mirror he was pleased the Planning Commission had given the project so much time and attention and voted for it to move forward to City Council.
“We want as much as they do to deliver a great project for the community,” Luzzatto told The Mirror. “We’re going to study very carefully the recommendations they made to see what we can do to improve the project prior to City Council.”