Installation of the Expo Line 2 track installation at the intersection of Lincoln Boulevard and Colorado will begin Monday, April 21 at 3 am.
Street closures with 24-hour work shifts will continue for one week through Monday, April 28, 2014 at 6 am .
The following detours will be place:
· Northbound Lincoln Boulevard will be temporarily closed at Colorado Avenue, and traffic will be detoured at Olympic Boulevard.
· Southbound Lincoln Boulevard will be temporarily closed at Colorado Avenue, and traffic will be detoured at Santa Monica Boulevard.
· Turns onto Colorado Avenue will be prohibited.
· Motorists are advised to take 11th Street as an alternate.
· Colorado Avenue will be temporarily closed to through traffic between 7th Street and 9th Street, but will remain open for local access. Turns from Colorado Avenue onto Lincoln Boulevard will be prohibited.
· Eastbound Colorado Avenue will be detoured at 7th Street and westbound Colorado Avenue will be detoured at 11th Street.
· Motorists are advised to use Santa Monica Boulevard as an alternate.
· The Lincoln Boulevard exit from the I-10 freeway will remain open.
· Motorists are encouraged to use the Cloverfield Boulevard exit as an alternate route.
· Local and pedestrian access around the closure areas will be maintained at all times. Electronic message boards, directional signage, and flaggers will be used to direct vehicles and pedestrians around the construction zone.