Santa Monica will once again be the finish line for the Los Angeles Marathon this Sunday, March 19. The City has issued the following guidelines so you can be prepared for the event.
- Get the map: The official Santa Monica finish line map for the LA Marathon and all Santa Monica race day information is at smgov.net/lamarathon.
- Plan ahead: Street closures will begin between 5 a.m. and 6 a.m. The City will work to reopen streets as soon as is safely possible. More detailed information on road closures can be found online.
- Take transit: The easiest way to get in, out, and around Santa Monica on race day is on the Big Blue Bus and the Metro Expo Line. BBB and Metro will offer all bus service from a single bus hub at the 17th St./SMC Expo Line Station. Expo riders can make riding faster by loading $3.50 in stored value on to a TAP card. Metro will run three car trains every 9 minutes on the Expo Line. Biking is also a great way to move around Santa Monica on race day. Take Breeze and know about the four bike valets.
- Be informed: The City will be active on social media. Follow the accounts below for information on street closures, street openings, race updates, and more.
- Twitter: @SantaMonicaCity, @UnifiedLA, @LAMarathon
- Facebook: @CityofSantaMonica, @UnifiedLA, @LAMarathon
- Instagram: @CityofSantaMonica, @UnifiedLA, @LAMarathon
- See something, say something: Running the LA Marathon is a pinnacle achievement for elite athletes and everyday runners alike. It’s also an exciting day for spectators. The most important thing for the City is safety. If you see something suspicious, say something by calling 9-1-1.
“Santa Monica welcomes athletes as they complete a life-making achievement on Sunday,” said Councilmember Terry O’Day who will hold the finish line tape for wheelchair and hand cycle top finishers. “We wish runners, spectators, and our residents a safe and fun race day experience.”
For official LA Marathon information, visit lamarathon.com.