If your kids love airplanes, then we have some exciting news at the Santa Monica Airport.
This week we launched a new book for kids called the “Jr. Aviator Logbook” on Amazon.
This book is designed for kids 1-10 years old, to log their visits to the Santa Monica Airport and learn how planes fly.
It took a team of 5+ volunteers several months to create the book and I think it is sure to be a big hit with your family.
This book will inspire your kids to:
- Have fun learning science, through aviation.
- Visit Santa Monica Airport & record your visits.
- Learn the parts of an airplane and all about the airport.
- Read stories and interviews from real pilots and people who work at the airport.
- Learn the fascinating hidden history of this 100-year-old landmark airport.
Two options to buy the book:
1) Buy it on Amazon for $10 (and get it delivered to your home in the next 2-3 days).
2) Visit our friends at Santa Monica Flyers this week to pick up an Jr. Aviator Kit for your kid.
The Jr. Aviator Kit gets you a logbook, a photo and stickers (watch this video to learn more)
- We snap a photo of your kid that you can put in the logbook
- Your kid gets 5 custom stickers mark your visits
- You get a copy of a logbook (150 pages of fun)
- ($20 suggested donation per kit/kid)
To get your Jr. Aviator kit:
- Watch this video to see what you get.
- Visit Santa Monica Flyers any day of the week 9AM to 5PM
($20 suggested cash donation).
- 3165 Donald Douglas Loop South (second floor)
Santa Monica, CA 90403
- Tell the person at the front door you want your Jr. Aviator Logbook.
- Then, consider walking your kids over to the observation deck to learn about airplanes and fill out the first few pages of their book.
Thousands of kids learn about aviation each year at the Santa Monica Airport observation deck. This logbook is the perfect companion for their visits. It will fuel their passion for science as they learn the history of this 100-year-old landmark airport that serves the community in dozens of ways.