The bodies of three people who may have been overcome by carbon monoxide fumes have been found in a Long Beach apartment, authorities said today.
The bodies, which were in a state of decomposition, were discovered about 7 p.m. Monday by police officers conducting a welfare check on people living in the apartment in the 1100 block of Gardenia Avenue, said coroner’s Assistant Chief Ed Winter.
The dead were a man in his 50s, a woman in her 30s, and a male whose age was unknown, Winter said. A propane heater was discovered near the victims, who were found in a bedroom, Winter said. Their names were withheld, pending notification of their relatives.
The case was being investigated as an accident, Winter said.