Interested in helping to design the pedestrian and bicycle commuter path along the future Expo Light Rail Line?
The City of Santa Monica is seeking two qualified individuals to serve as community representatives to the Expo Metro Line Construction Authority’s Bicycle Advisory Committee (BAC).
The BAC is made up of community representatives and stakeholders from along the Expo Corridor, and will provide input on the Phase 2 Expo Bikeway Project from Culver City to Santa Monica.
Applications are due by 4 p.m. on January 20, 2012.
A recommendation will be made to Council in February 2012 for final nomination to the BAC.
This position is a voluntary unpaid appointment.
BAC representatives are not required to have any technical background to serve on the Committee, although demonstrated expertise and experience in one or more of the following areas is desirable:
· Transportation and multi-modal planning and design, including pedestrian and bicycle access,
· Principles of bicycle facility design, including regional and commuter facilities,
· Participation in or knowledge of the City of Santa Monica’s General Plan Land Use and Circulation Element (LUCE),
· Participation in or knowledge of the City of Santa Monica’s Bicycle Action Plan,
· Experience in consensus-building and identifying feasible solutions for public projects.
Applicants with the most relevant experience and expertise will be invited to a phone or in-person interview.
Applicants must reside in Santa Monica and may be asked to provide proof of Santa Monica residency.
Those interested in applying may visit www.smgov.net/planning/whats-new for more information.